Today I am going to teach everyone how to make Korean mochi bread~ (Yes, I am translating some stuff into English today for the readers out there who can’t understand Chinese) I first tried this bread when a friend brought it to school for lunch but didn’t like it, so traded lunches with me. (Yes, you know who you are~)
It is actually really easy to make because it’s from a mix.
This mix can be purchased from Korean markets. I went to H-mart. It was on sale at the time, so I decided to buy it and try making it at home.
The back of the package actually has all of the instructions, but they are in Korean so we couldn’t understand. In the end, sis went online to find the English instructions so we would know how to get started.
－ 預拌粉一包 （２５０ｇ）
－ 蛋一顆 （５０ｇ）
－ 水 （７０ｍＬ）
– 1 Package mix (250g)
– 1 large egg (50g)
– water (70mL)
(I substituted milk for the water)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Mix the egg and milk together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour in some of the mix, stir thoroughly, pour some more, mix, until all of the mix has been poured in.
4. Using your hands, knead the dough a bit until it’s firm
5. Divide the dough into 8 balls.
6. Spray some water on the dough balls. Place onto baking pans
7. Place into the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
The sesame in this bread was already part of the mix. Some places sell the original mix, so you can add things inside according to what you like, for example cheese.